2/19/11

Your opinion on us scanlating Hiyokoi.

Hey, everyone. So, it seems like probably a few of you guys are upset about us continuing to scanlate Hiyokoi... and I fully understand why you guys are upset. If the circumstances had been different and I had known that it was going to be taken up after almost a year of no releases before I translated a few of the chapters, I wouldn't have picked it up in the first place. But because of the circumstances, I decided to continue with it. I'd really like to get everyone's opinion, though. So here's a small poll (feel free to voice your opinion in the comments as well):
What should we do about Hiyokoi?
Drop it; You could be doing other things.
Continue it; I like having 2 versions to choose from.
Just scanlate the recent chapters; Make use of your subcription to Ribon!



  
pollcode.com free polls
Personally, my favourite option would be to release chapter 7&8 (because they're almost set for release) and then continue scanlating the most recent chapters from the magazine since I do have a subscription to it (I believe the latest chapter is chapter 16, so it is a bit far ahead though). Hiyokoi is such a cute series, I'd hate to drop it entirely ):

Also, for those of you still waiting for Tonari No Atashi, I believe there's still some technical issues so I haven't received ch. 8 just yet. But in the meantime I'll finish the last two chapters in the volume (ch. 11&12), and hopefully by then the technical issues will be solved and we'll be able to release the 5 chapter batch.

Anyways, have a wonderful evening/day!


4 comments:

  1. Why not try working together with the other scanlation group that's translating the chapters? That way we'll get double the speed of the releases! :] It's a really great manga and it'd be sucha shame if it was dropped. >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working with another group doesn't necessarily mean the speed will double... You just split the jobs, is all. I think you should just go straight to the latest chapter or a few chapters ahead. In my opinion, it's a waste of effort to scanlate a "version 2" of a chapter. It's sad when two groups "compete" for a manga :( it'd be great if you guys could come to a mutual understanding or something, so that neither side will feel pressured. You especially subscribe to Ribon with the purpose of scanlating it, so I think it'd be a waste for you to drop it. I would be sad if you do so because I really like this manga :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It'll be more intelligent to use ur subs to scanlate the newest chapters.However there'll be like lost chapters in between.
    Of course you also have other projects so it's a matter of time as well
    I don't see the necessity of having 2 versions
    Whatever you decide PLEASE don't drop it I luv this manga Onegai Shimasu!!! =3=
    Thanks for all your effort ^.^)v
    ~Sakurasoleil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please continue scanlating this; you do great work, and your release schedule is so fast and reliable. I like being able to rely on consistent releases!

    ReplyDelete